A Birthday Present for one of my Favorite People : A Classic & Eclectic, Neutral Rich Library

Sometimes the most creative spaces come from being spontaneous and leaving room for ideas to grown and become better than originally planned. This is exactly how this beautiful space came together for my parents, and couldn't love how it turned out any more!

My mom's birthday was fast approaching, and I went to Moses Lake for the weekend to celebrate. My mom had mentioned she would love help designing their upstairs loft, and had always wanted a place to read and relax. I was so excited when she asked for this for her birthday, because up until now, all my birthday presents to her had always been those small random things that she really didn't need, or probably even want (you know, those famous "good for one" coupons). This was actually something meaningful that I could give to her, and was so excited to start!

So we started with an idea of how they wanted to use the space, one huge shopping day in Spokane, and lots of fun ideas! Here's how their home library turned out.... (get ready for some serious eye hearts!)










My absolutely favorite park of this space is that we were able to incorporate some of my mom's artwork. Not all of you may know this, but my mom is a seriously talented artist. She has some amazing pieces that she has drawn and painted over the years, but has never known had them displayed. She also had some really meaningful paintings from Denmark that we wanted to use as well, so we picked out some fun frames and arranged them into a stunning gallery wall. Now this room not only has a serious focal point and "cool decor", but has meaning and showcases all the beautiful artwork done by my mom. This is when I really see the fruits of what I do, when you can really create a space that is yours, and to do that you find ways to incorporate things that you love and that are a part of who you are.

Now my parents have a space that they love to sit and read, and a perfect place to relax. I'm so glad I was able to be a part of my mom's birthday and give her a gift that she can use and enjoy every day. Happy Birthday, mom!

Xoxo,
Andrea

Photography done by Colleen Donovan

Comments

  1. Fabulous design, Andrea! Just the place to relax and enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous design, Andrea! Just the place to relax and enjoy!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts