Black & White | Timeless & Irresistible

The question I get asked the most when it comes to designing a new space is which trends will date quickly, and which ones are is here to stay. The thing with trends is it they are just that, "trendy." There is a fine line with keeping your space updated and trends definitely take play in this, but you also want to make sure what you are selecting is timeless. My number one suggestion is to mix the two, with a heavy emphasis on designing with what you love. No matter what color is this years "it" color, as long as you design with colors and patterns you love, your space will always be one you enjoy.

With this in mind, I did a round-up of my favorite interior spaces - and all of them are black and white! I have grown to know this about myself over the years, and know that I will always be drawn to designs with heavy emphasis in black and white. Why do I like it so much? Black and White - it's edgy, timeless, and in my situation - irresistible

This space combines pattern and texture to create a sophisticated and fun environment. Sticking with the black and white color palette makes the combination of these successful, and timeless.
Image via Domino.com
Bathrooms are the best place for black cabinets. It dresses up the space while keeping it easier to clean. Bathrooms are also the best place to do patterned tiles with these areas having less textiles than other rooms.
Image via Domino.com
Subway Tiles will also be a classic design element, and the black cabinets add a rich high contrast that gives the room depth. Add a little glam with brass hardware, and warm up your space with some butcher block countertops and wood shelves to create a timeless space.
Image via Domino.com
Another space showing the mixture of black, white, and wood. Simple, yet effective. Vintage and traditional tables with modern chairs will always be one of my favorite combinations!
Image via Domino.com
Spruce up any bathroom with a patterned tile that also grounds your design, and layer it with subway tiles on walls. Great way to add texture and interest. And that black door!!
Photo via Desire to Inspire
I have always wanted a striking black and white painting like this one here. It is very striking and adds so much drama to a space. It literally gives me goosebumps! In this design, it dresses up a very casual bedroom and creates a focal point that can't be competed with.
Image via Domino.com
This room has a very vintage, traditional vibe which isn't typically my style of preference, but with the black and white color palette it gives it a fun spin and makes it timeless.
Image via Domino.com
There is nothing more timeless than a freestanding tub! It is also a great way to add sculpture to your bathrooms and to help them take shape. Brass hardware and plumbing warms up the black and white space, which is to die for!
Image via Domino.com
 When it comes to designing with black and white, make sure to emphasize on pattern and texture to keep your space warm and inviting. I always use these images as inspiration when it comes to designing my personal home, as I know I will always love black and white. What interiors are your favorites?

Xoxo,
Andrea

Comments

Popular Posts